The Department of Biological Sciences at Western Michigan University encompasses a variety of disciplines that involve the study of living matter in all of its wonderfully diverse forms.
Our department mission is to promote:
- Effective service and public outreach.
- Scientific research and discovery by its faculty and students.
- The education and engagement of students in the biological sciences.
Our goal is that our faculty and students are:
- Active and engaged in the pursuit and dissemination of biological knowledge.
- Productive and informed participants in the community.
Our faculty promote student success and critical thinking, with the goal that our students are recognized for their skills and ability to understand and communicate the significance of biological concepts, techniques and applications.